Time to sit back and dream of the long sunny days ahead (we hope!). Feeling nice and relaxed now? Great, now let's think about how to accessorise for your summer wardrobe. Our SS17 collection is perfect! We have all styles and colours covered.
Check out this fruity salad. We have strawberry rings, watermelon drop earrings and bracelets, and we hope our banana drop earrings a-peel to you. 🍓🍌🍉
Perhaps one of our cheeky jungle animals would suit you. Sleepy sloth, playful panda, cheeky monkey, master of disguise chameleon or peek-a-boo cockatoo. Which one is your spirit animal?🐼🐒
Sometimes we just want to take flight and holiday in the sun. Can't quite wait, then why not let one of our tropical birds take you there? We have a fabulous new flamingo doorknob, and a gorgeous bright bee eater ring. Our glamorous black cockatoo has an impressive golden crest, and our toucan certainly fits the 'bill'. 🐧🌈
Or, let them hear you roar with our fierce new leopard and majestic panther pieces. As with all our necklaces we have a selection of chain colours and lengths available so you can pick which one best suits your style. 🐆🐾
Did you see something you like?
If you want to see more then head on over to www.andmary.com.
With Love, And Mary x
The Great British Bake Off kicked off a few weeks ago and the And Mary team are big fans! Watching the bakers inspired us to do a little baking ourselves..
..nothing quite as big as Mary's cake! But we had a crack at making a strawberries and cream cake, following a recipe from food goddess Delia Smith.
If you're a big fan of strawberries, you can wear them as well as eat them with our collection of fruity favourites, including strawberry and pineapple themed pieces.
If you'd like to have a go yourself, here is the recipe we followed:
- 115g self-raising flour
- 1/2 level teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 115g butter
- 115g golden caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200ml double cream
- 200g strawberries
- icing sugar
- Begin by sifting the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, lifting the sieve high to give the flour an airing. Now just add all the other ingredients and, using an electric hand whisk, whisk for about one minute until you have a smooth creamy mixture that drops off a spoon easily.
- Next, spoon the mixture into two cake tins, levelling with the back of the spoon, and bake near the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the centres feel springy. Alternative you can bake in one tin for 30-35 minutes and slice into two halves once cooled.
- Remove the tins from the oven and allow to cool. Make sure the cake is sufficiently cool before adding the cream.
- Whisk the cream in a large bowl until stiff, adding icing sugar to required taste. Spread half the cream over the bottom half of the cake and then add a layer of halved strawberries.
- Place the top half of the cake onto the bottom, and spread the remaining cream on to the top of the cake. Decorate with the remaining strawberries.
- Enjoy a generous slice of cake with a hot beverage of your choice! Yum!
With love, And Mary